The particular Hummel was build by Deutsche Eisenwerke in Duisburg in 1944. This Hummel was in service with an unknown unit on the Western Front. The US troops captured it in 1944 or 1945 and shipped it to the USA. It was in Fort Knox till 1967. In June of 1967, US Army gave it back to Germany as a gift to the Panzertruppenschule Munster. It was completelly restored in 1982 by soldiers of the Panzertruppenschule Munster. It has markings of the 3rd leFH sfl Battalion of the 19th Panzer Division, which served mainly on the Eastern Front.
All photographs were provided and are property of Tom from Berlin Germany.
From the Collection of Panzermuseum Munster in Germany.